Help travel buffs hit the road in style with unique and useful items for wherever the journey takes them.
Chances are good that you or someone you know will be taking a trip in the coming year. Here’s where we’re going, what we’re doing, and how we’re getting there.
- U.S. residents took 1.7 billion trips for leisure purposes in 2016, according to the U.S. Travel Association, which lists the top leisure travel activities for U.S. domestic travelers as: visiting relatives; shopping; visiting friends; fine dining; and rural sightseeing.
- According to TripAdvisor’s 2017 Traveler’s Choice list, the numberone travel destination in the U.S. is New York City, followed by the Hawaiian islands; Las Vegas, NV; and Orlando, FL.
- The old-school family road trip and visits to national parks and theme parks remain the most popular types of vacations for families traveling in the U.S. this year, according to a AAA survey.
- The top international travel destinations for 2017, based on AAA’s travel bookings, are: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Rome, Italy; Montego Bay, Jamaica; London, England; and Nassau, Bahamas.
- Forty-five percent of the U.S. adult population flew on an airline in 2015, with the average personal trip lasting less than one week, according to research by Ipsos Public Affairs.
- More than 11.5 million Americans took an ocean cruise in 2016, reports the Cruise Lines International Association.
# # #
3. PARA’KITO mosquito-repellent wristband uses natural essential oils and is refillable.